© 2018 | Privacy policy

CALL US:  1 800 371 2555


NY License # BR-1001302           CA License   # 0I36156

Film School Productions Insurance

(For Trade Schools, Colleges, and Universities)

Film School Productions Insurance

The Film School program is designed specifically for film schools at universities. This annual policy provides a comprehensive basket of coverages for school sanctioned productions. This program is flexible enough to allow for small film schools, with just a few students, up to large film schools, with hundreds of students. Over 50 types of productions are eligible. The program is available to U.S. film schools. Student projects are covered while the student is enrolled at the school and projects are sanctioned by the school.


Does your current policy allow you to cover student shoots outside of school property?  We have coverages that may be able to help!


Insurance Classes

Film Emporium has had the honor and privilege of speaking at film schools around the United States. Recently, we have visited the New York Film Academy, Columbia University and the City University of New York. Our classes teach the importance of proper insurance, how to budget for insurance, and how these things can affect a production. Classes are moderated by instructors and followed by Q&A sessions with an industry expert with over 20 years of experience.  Schedule a session this semester to have us share our expertise with your school!  Contact Laird by Email or phone 800-371-2555.


Available Coverage:

*Property (also known as Inland Marine) such as:

*Owned or rented camera and/or other production equipment, props, sets, wardrobe, pictures and cars

*Third party property damage (often referred to as location insurance)

*Extra expense

*Negative film, videotape and digitalized image along with faulty stock, camera and processing

*Rented jewelry and furs

*Worldwide option for 12 month policies

*And much more, on an as needed basis



Commercial General Liability:

Locations, municipalities, shooting permits all require that commercial general liability coverage is in place.  Minimum required limit is $1M.  Higher limits are available to satisfy any location requirement.



Hired and Non-Owned Automobile:

Auto liability and auto physical damage for your rented vehicles, broadcast trucks, etc.



Workers Compensation:

Protecting your cast and crew against medical injuries while filming.  SAG (Screen Actors Guild) require that coverage is in place before signing contracts.




The content displayed on this website is for informational purposes only and is not an offer of insurance.  The purpose of the provided information is to assist in the general understanding of available coverage and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered.  Coverage is subject to underwriting approval and the referenced coverage on this website may not be available in all territories and may vary depending on exposure. Coverage is also subject to minimum premiums that may vary by state.


Read Definitions of Insurance for more details.


Insurance Companies

* A Rated Insurance Companies by AM Best

Click here if you have stunts or hazardous activities.


Click here for Definitions of Insurance Terms.

Apply Now:

Online Application

Downloadable Application


Quotes are complimentary.  No Obligation.

Need assistance?  

Our brokers are standing by:

M-F  9AM-6PM (EST)

(800) 371 2555