Film Emporium Logo

(800) 371-2555

(212) 683-2433

Email Us

"On Time and Under Budget"

Since 1995

Follow Us Today!

​​​​​​​Email  We look forward to hearing from you.

Short Term Film Production Insurance Application

(Per Project, US and Foreign Shoots)

Apply Now

Domestic Films:

For Rented Equipment & General Liability Only.

No Workers' Compensation or Auto.


Workers' Compensation (Injury to cast & crew, required by  SAG-AFTRA),

Rented Vehicles, Extra Expense, etc.

Foreign Films:

For shoots outside the US.

Are you being asked to apply for a COI (or Certificate of Insurance)? Film Emporium offers short term production insurance service. It is suitable for many film-related projects, including movies, TV shows, documentaries, web projects and Pod Casts.


This program is only available to insureds in the U.S. However, they can also use the company's services for shoots in Canada or anywhere else in the world.

A woman directing a scene, looking at a monitor.

Quotes are complimentary.  No Obligation.


Click here is you have stunts or hazardous activities.


Click here for definitions of insurance terms.



This program offers insurance coverages for feature films and television shows at competitive premiums. It doesn't matter what the budget range is for your film production. Production can be in either development or greenlit. Additionally, the production of the film can take place in either the United States or a foreign country. Film Emporium can help you get the most suitable insurance coverage. 

Available Coverage

  • Owned or rented camera and/or other production equipment
  • Commercial General Liability
  • Auto
  • Workers Compensation
  • Props, sets, wardrobe, pictures and cars
  • Third party property damage (often referred to as location insurance)
  • Extra expense
  • Negative film, videotape and digitalized imagealong with faulty stock, camera and processing
  • Rented Jewelry and furs
  • Worldwide Option for 12 month policies
  • And much more, on an as needed basis

Program Enhancements:

Projects with hazardous activities, such as stunts, fight scenes, animals, precision driving, water scenes, aerial scenes, and pyrotechnics, can be insured. Specialty coverage options are available. Multiple hazardous scenes can be declared in a single policy.


Cast insurance for your key cast or crewmembers. Coverage options include blanket coverage with sickness (no medicals required), blanket coverage without sickness, and family bereavement. Cast limits available are 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of gross production cost.


Are you planning to fly a drone for aerial photography or surveying? Liability coverage for drones is available in all States except HI and DC. Learn more about UAV coverage.


Certain policies come with Unattended Vehicle Exclusion. This can be requested to be removed. Contact your broker for details.

Cast and Crew Insurance: 

Cast insurance can be provided as part of a production policy. In certain cases, it can be provided as "carve out cast coverage." This type of coverage only applies to certain cast or crew members and is subject to underwriter's approval.


Cast coverage typically begins after the insured individual has undergone an examination and filled out a medical questionnaire. It typically only covers accidents. After the medical questionnaire is completed, the coverage can be extended to include illness, kidnapping, and bereavement.


It is important to note that this type of coverage is subject to the underwriter's approval. Not all types of productions, such as documentaries, may be eligible for this coverage.